Wednesday 15 September 2010

Dahhhhhhh

So I'm ill. There's a suprise. I can honestly say I have had the worst health year of my life and this is coming from someone who had whooping cough when she was five. This however is your common cold. The kind of illness that just knocks all the energy out of you and leaves you feeling weak, hot and highly unattractive. I knew I must have been really bad when Liam came in last night and told me that I needed to take the day off today, never before have I heard Liam say I need to take a day off, the boy is a poster boy for going in and powering on through it. I had to take a holiday day to cover my sickness because yanno in my work being sick is paramount to murder and you will be tried and convicted for it.
This year has made me realise just how important health is to me, one of the afflictions that have come to light this year is always going to be there and could cause some implications for the rest of my life but at least I know what it is, the whole not knowing was the worst thing about the whole episode (okay I lie the constant pain was top but it was a close second). So just waiting on my severly delayed appointment to find out what the treatments are. It's never going to go away but at least there's ways of managing it.
My energy levels are once again dropping and I haven't done anything all day, the furthest I've moved is down the stairs to open the door for Lauren and that pretty much knocked me out. God knows what I'm going to do tomorrow when I have to go back to work, loads of fun. I'll just have to dose myself up on numerous cold and flu tablets and ignore the aches and pains that walking anywhere brings. Oh to be one of those people with immune systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment